Of course, personal development is easier said than done. Taming your years-long cultivated and groomed bad habits, it can’t be done overnight. But for a better future ahead, you got to start somewhere and some day. Why not it be today?
Sure change would be so tough and unsettling—but it’s all worth it.
Here are 11 self-development goals you should pursue in the remaining of 2017, to welcome 2018 with a better, healthier and happier you-
- Become an early bird– You’ve been told countless number of times to wake up early every morning and there’s a big reason behind that. Even recommended by nearly every world leader and business tycoon, you feel much better breathing in early hours. Your brain nourishes, brilliant ideas strike your mind and so many other amazing things happen.
- Say goodbye to procrastination– Procrastination is one of human’s biggest enemies. You have no idea how many dreams and success stories have those “not now” “I will do it some other time” killed. So get things – big or small – done right away, right now. Never postpone them.
- Learn to let go– Don’t cling to the past. Learn to let go of the memories and past bad experiences. What’s happening right now is more important than what happened yesterday. Remember, your past doesn’t define you. Bury all your mistakes and ‘everything bad’ under the dark sheets of past and get enthused for the brighter tomorrow.
- Cut back on negative people– If someone doesn’t empower you, they should have no place in your life. So who are those people in your life who are negative influence on you, who always bring you down, who always doubt you? Identify and eliminate them from your life.
- Fight back your anger– If history teaches us anything it’s how anger has destroyed lives, families and even nations. If you get angry often, seek anger management counseling. Top anger management counselors can help you recognize all your triggers or “red signs” and simmer down your unsettled emotions with the right techniques.
- Talk to people– Talking to people helps a lot. It builds your characteristic and makes you more likable. So start talking to others. Strike conversation with anyone and everyone—yes, even the strangers. Learn to master the art of pleasant small talks.
- Work on your body language– Your overall body language tells a lot about who you are. So how do you carry yourself around, how you stand, how you talk without words, are you confident enough, are you assertive with your approach—all these are very important. The right body language also helps you connect with others easily.
- Embrace the loneliness– Being alone is not such a bad thing as the society has had us believe. In fact, if you embrace the lonely hours, it could be the best thing—very peaceful. So learn to stay alone most of the time.
- Start reading day and night– Warren Buffet devotes about 80 percent of each day to reading. Other leaders and tech-tycoons like Barrack Obama and Bill Gates are just as obsessed with reading. So if you’re not much of a reader, change that. Reading helps broaden your horizons, explore new possibilities and discover new things you didn’t even know existed.
- Handle stress like a pro– Stress is the root of an unhappy life. Fix that root and everything will fall into the right places. So learn to handle your stress level. Top Los Angeles based counselors offer effective stress management programs via both online and offline mode; enroll to these programs right away.
- Help others– There are so many unfortunate people around you who are in some serious problems; some don’t have enough to eat, others are suffering from some illness. When you help them, not only are you helping them alone but you’re also helping yourself get better. Being empathetic to others is the surest way to psychologically escape all your struggles.
These are 11 self-development goals you should pursue in the remainder of 2017 to welcome the next year with a better, healthier and happier you. Good luck!!!